Friday, January 12, 2007

Mum knows best



Ahh, this is what I've been waiting so long for. Mum's cooking, absolutely yummy! It doesn't really matter how much good food there is in Singapore, nothing compares to mum's cooking. I'm sure most people who grew up on your mum's cooking have the same sentiments.

This are some of what I ate back home in Perth. Enjoy!



Home made nonya bak zhang.



Nasi Lemak with kickass chicken wings and home made sambal chilli. The spices used in the chicken wings made them soooo yummy my sis and I practically grew up on those.



Mum's beef stew which is SUPER yummy!



Herbal chicken



And some cabbage to go with it.

Well, this will be my last post on Perth and I'll be back to regular blogging soon. I'll be back there in February though so look out for more posts!

8 comments:

:: Pastry Girl :: said...

your mum's cooking simply looks great... hope u are doing well at Perth!

Sammy said...

Hello Lav! haha actually I'm back in Sg but I'll be going there again in Feb :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I stumbled upon your blog while searching for dou miao. Then I saw your mum's nonya bak zhang! Can you post the recipe for that? I'm a Singaporean living in the Bay Area, CA and I can't buy nonya nak zhang here.

Sammy said...

Hello simcooks! yup no problem do you want to pass me your email so I can mail it to you?

:: Pastry Girl :: said...

hmm don't mind can i have the recipe as well? :) My mum always make dumplings every year for the festival but it would be interesting to have a twist this year!

Anonymous said...

yummie dummie, i thought you were in Perth for good! So, I will get more Singapore food post again ! Yay!
Actually, I enjoy those Perth food post also...but western cuisine/food, get "sick of it" quite easily....

k3v said...

dude... your mom's cooking owns.... haha.. long time since i've tasted it too man...

Sammy said...

Heyo lav! haha sorry I haven't ask for the recipe from my mum yet! I'll try to get it soon, or in Feb when I go back.

hey tigerfish. Yeah I know what you mean man nothing beats asian cuisine woohoo!

Yo bro! haha, it's okay if you can't taste hers you can try mine LOL. Can make it one okay!